Nook Color Gets ICS: Season Gets a Little Brighter
Posted December 26, 2011 at 04:09 am by Jase Glenn
The tech world likes to operate on the bleeding edge. As new devices are released, the old ones are cast aside by OEM’s, and receive little support beyond error fixes. The Nook Color is one such device. As arguably one of the best tablets of 2010, it has received no official announcement of upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich (herein ICS).
XDA Recognized Developers dalingrin and fattire decided they were going to do something about it. While their ICS port is still in the initial stages, many things are functioning in it. According to fattire:
* bluetooth (pairing/file transfer only confirmed)
* wifi (full it seems but it’s brand-new to the kernel so who knows how stable anything is)
* improved stability (but not perfect)
* real data usage info (not stubbed out)
* battery levels/charging
* physical menu button
* 3d games
* usb gadget in kernel (adb debugging shows up) *with experimental kernel*
So head on over to the thread here and show your Nook Color some love.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!