If you’re tired of having to manually configure the mods and settings for your Nook Color, look no further as XDA forum member Mistar Muffin has helpfully written a linux script to do it all for you.
The script automatically does the following:
- Enable APK installs directly on the device
- Enable Live Wallpapers
- Enable Multitouch for certain apps (Google Maps etc)
- Download and extract the Google Apps to the proper place on your NC and set permissions
- Download and install YouTube
- Edit build.prop and packages.xml to enable Gmail and Market
- Generate an AndroidID for the Market. The Android emulator is no longer required
- Modify the fingerprint of your device to emulate a Verizon Droid Eris running Android 2.1. This will let you access protected apps in the Market that would otherwise be hidden.
You will need to connect the Nook Color via USB. Be sure to eject both the 4GB internal partition and the SDcard before running the script.
For more information including how to download the script, head on over to the forum thread._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!