Nothing’s harder than debugging a problem without all of the right information at your disposal. After all, fixing whatever issue you have to deal with is hard enough. There’s no need to complicate things by not truly understanding what’s going on. That’s why developers rightfully ask for log information when issues do arise, and why we’ve covered tools to do this several times in the past.
If you happen to be looking for yet another way to make sure that your users are able to pull all of the information you desire, XDA Forum Member TheUntouchable created a Windows-based utility that pulls almost anything you could need in debugging your app. Designed for end users who have little experience with ADB, General Feedback Tool makes it easy for these users to give you meaningful debug information. So, what does the utility pull? Quite a bit. As stated by the developer, the app pulls:
- Rom Version Shows the name and version of your current rom
- Kernel Version Shows the name and version of your current kernel
- Ram Usage Shows the current ram usage
- Swap Partition information If a swap partition is used, it will show you the current useage of it
- Swappiness Shows the ratio that the kernel tells how much the swap file should be used
- Running Prozesses Shows the current running prozesses
- Current Kernel Log Shows the current kernel log
- Last Kernel Log Shows the kernel log that was written till the last reboot
- CPU Type (not all devices) Shows the cpu type of your device. Higher means better and more uv is possible.
- Logcat Shows the current logcat
- Init.d Folder Content Shows the content of the init.d folder. This scripts are always executed when your phone is booting.
- LMK Config Shows the configuration for the low memory killer.
- Baseband and Ril Version Shows the current versions of the baseband and ril of your phone
- Panel Type (not all devices) Shows the panel type of your phone (HTC Sensation for example)
Getting started is no more difficult than sending your app’s frustrated users over to the original thread._________