One Man’s Journey to Carrier Contract Freedom – XDA Developer TV
Posted April 13, 2013 at 03:00 pm by Jimmy McGee
There are those of us who are Android and Open Source software fans. Open Source is about the freedom of choice. Some carriers in America give you an expensive smartphone at a discount if you agree to sign a lengthy contract. While there is nothing wrong with that, as you have the choice not to sign the contract, it may end up costing you more in the long run.
Many people just accept this as the status quo, but now we have no-contract carriers and prepaid plans—we have other choices. In this video, XDA Developer TV Producer Kevin talks about his choice to change, how much it saved him and shares his experience. Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos and Kevin’s Tasker Series.
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Intermediate Use of Tasker: Location Based Triggers – XDA Developer TV
- Advanced Use of Tasker: Make Your Phone Work for You – XDA Developer TV
- Remote Support Tutorial: Fix Computer Problems without Leaving Your Chair – XDA Developer TV
- Dashclock Tutorial: Add Everything to Your Android Lock Screen – XDA Developer TV
Check out Kevin’s YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!