A little under a year ago, we talked about Online Nandroid Backup version 6. At the time, the tool did as its name implies and allowed users to make online backups. No, these aren’t “online” in the sense of cloud data storage. Rather, they’re “online” in that the backup is performed while your device is online, rather than in recovery.
Naturally, Online Nandroid Backup is quite useful since you don’t have to disable your phone in order to keep your backups up to date. And if you’ve ever performed a Nandroid backup on a device with a lot of data, you know exactly how long it can take. So what exactly does Online Nandroid Backup backup? Glad you asked.
- mmcblk0_start (for Acer devices)
- wimax (for Samsung devices)
- appslog (for HTC and Sony (Ericsson) devices)
- datadata (for Samsung devices)
- efs (for Samsung devices)
- preload (for Samsung devices)
- .cust_backup (for Huawei devices)
- flexrom (for Acer devices)
- custpack (for Alcatel devices)
- mobile_info (for Alcatel devices)
- boot (for HP Touchpad)
In the time since our last posting, XDA Recognized Developer ameer1234567890 has brought the useful tool up to version 8.22. One of the biggest new features of onandroid (pronounced “oh-nandroid,” not “on-android”) is added support for TWRP recovery, the exclusion of Google Music cache files, a plethora of bugfixes, and the ability to backup the /emmc partition on Mediatek devices.
We all know the importance of having an up-to-date backup, but many of us are simply too busy to backup often. Now, you have no excuse. Head over to the utility thread to get started._________