XDA member moneytoo updated OpenWatch for your Android device. With it, you will be able to connect your device with any Bluetooth watches for notifications and other interactions. The updated version 1.2 includes features like: Start on boot, call notification, silent/reject incoming call, SMS/MMS notification, Media player control, and Gmail notification, among many others. So far, there are more than 15 devices reported working with the application such as hTC Leo, Desire HD/Z, Hero, Legend, Nexus 1, etc.
You can download it for free on the marketplace and also there is a Windows Mobile version.
Originally posted by moneytoo
OpenWatch v1.2.0 (2010-11-17) Android (SE BT Watch MBW-100/150/200, LM958, Prada)
OpenWatch is an application for Android that uses connected Bluetooth watches for notifications and many more. Full featured version is currently available for Windows Mobile (smartWatchM) and BlackBerry).
– Device running Android 2.0 or newer
– Sony Ericsson MBW-100/150/200 (recommended – no issues)
– or LM Technologies (LM957/LM958)
– or Prada Link (limited support – currently missing message list and some notifications)
Tested Devices (or reported)
– Motorola Droid
– Motorola Milestone
– Nexus One
– HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1)
– HTC Hero
– HTC Desire
– HTC Legend
– Samsung Galaxy S
– HTC EVO
– HTC Tattoo
– Acer Liquid
– Motorola Milestone XT701
– HTC HD2
– HTC Desire Z (T-Mobile G2)
– Dell Streak
– Huawei S7
– Samsung Galaxy Tab
– HTC Desire HD
– Start on boot
– Call notification (name or number)
– Silent/reject incoming call
– SMS notification (name or number and text preview)
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!