Given that most of us have rooted and heavily modified our mobile devices, backups are vital to ensure that the next big tweak doesn’t result in the next big data loss. As we’ve discussed before, the occasional Nandroid backup is extremely important. The ability to create backups is not only important to keep data safe from being wiped, but it’s also a handy troubleshooting tool that can help recover from soft bricks. Now there is an app that will do a one-click backup and store it on your favorite cloud storage service.
XDA Senior Member snoopy33 has released Orange Backup. It’s a simple application to use, and it provides an essential service for all rooted users. Essentially, the app will perform a full backup and upload it to either Dropbox or Google Drive. All of this is done without forcing a reboot or a session in recovery. This makes it great for the root user on the go. Here are some more features:
* Easy Backup of your Device
* Backup format: Nandroid (backup of absolutely ALL your data on your device)
* Automatic Zip of the Backup (with split zip option)
* Automatic Upload to Dropbox OR Google Drive
* Backup Planning every X days
* Lots of advanced option (incremental backup, partition selection…)
* Request patch file if not yet available
* Uninstall any system application, not just freeze it
* Kill any task (even system/hided one)
* Elegant Interface
Coincidentally, ClockworkMod Recovery has been incorporating a similar feature. As always, what makes Android great is the options and there are at least two good ones for making backups and sending them away to be retrieved later.
For more details, check out the link above or visit the original thread._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!