Not too long ago, the international HTC One received its official update to Android 4.3. Alongside the Android version update, the OTA also brought Sense 5.5, which allowed users to finally disable BlinkFeed on the device. Then three days ago, we talked about how the Verizon HTC One was slated to receive an OTA update to Android 4.3 very soon. Now, the Android 4.3 (2.10.605.1) update is here, and as expected it does not come with Sense 5.5.
Despite not coming with Sense 5.5, the 2.10.605.1 firmware brings fixes a few key issues. It also unfortunately packs a new dose of bloatware, courtesy of the VZ Cloud App. As stated in Verizon’s support page:
KEY ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED
• Increased charging speed when using Mophie Juicepack power station
• Corrected faint ringing noise from earpiece
• Play purchased ringtones
• Connection error fixed in the HTC Watch application
• View the correct date using the all day calendar reminder
• Conjunction words are better recognized on device keyboard
• Backup Assistant performance
KEY OS ENHANCEMENTS
• VZ Cloud App is now preloaded
- Back up contacts, photos, text messages and call logs
- Transfer that content to your new phone or if other is lost/stolen
GALLERY>VIDEO HIGHLIGHT IMPROVEMENTS
• Add your own music tracks to Video Highlights video
- Simply tap Menu>Select Music to choose a song from your collection
You can learn more about the update over on HTC’s support page and by visiting XDA Senior Member ak074‘s update changelog thread. And for those of you tired of waiting, XDA Senior Member carm01 has gone ahead and mirrored the 469 MB update over in this thread, so hurry up and get to sideloading!
Are you a fan of the update even though it is lacking Sense 5.5? Are you peeved about the added bloat? Let us know in the comments below!_________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!