Play Your Videos on Your Television with DLNA – XDA Developer TV
Posted May 28, 2013 at 11:30 am by Jimmy McGee
When the Samsung Galaxy S III came out, the commercial showed a person playing their video on a huge television for all to see. Well this isn’t a Samsung-exclusive trick. Sony helped estimable the Digital Living Network Alliance or DLNA. This group is responsible for defining interoperability guidelines to enable sharing of digital media between multimedia devices.
In this part of the series, XDA Developer TV Producer Kevin gives a demonstration of DLNA. Kevin shows you three examples of how to use DLNA to view videos on your phone, from his Xbox to his television to an Internet streaming box. What are you waiting for? Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos and Kevin’s other videos.
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Intermediate Use of Tasker: Location Based Triggers – XDA Developer TV
- Advanced Use of Tasker: Make Your Phone Work for You – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Llama Location Profiles to Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV
- Remote Support Tutorial: Fix Computer Problems without Leaving Your Chair – XDA Developer TV
- Dashclock Tutorial: Add Everything to Your Android Lock Screen – XDA Developer TV
- One Man’s Journey to Carrier Contract Freedom – XDA Developer TV
- Spring Clean Your Android Device for a Lemony Fresh Scent – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Intermediate Llama Location Trigger Phone Activities – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: AutomateIt, Automates Your Device Tasks – XDA Developer TV
Check out Kevin’s YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!