In case you are waking up late today, HTC launched their new flagship phone this morning: the new HTC One. The device sets the bar for HTC’s 2013 lineup in many ways including hardware specifications, aesthetic design, build quality, camera image quality, and of course screen. Are you curious to see how it performs in some popular benchmarks? Read on to find out!
Update: Seeing is believing. I’ve added benchmark pictures past the break. I’ve also added in AnTuTu benchmark results below.
By now, we’re all aware of the device’s high end specifications. The new HTC One features a quad-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor (APQ8064T), 2 GB of RAM, 32/64 GB of storage, a 4.7″ 1080p display with 468 ppi, a 4 MP “Ultrapixel” camera with an f/2 lens and large pixels, and a 2300 mAh battery. All this is housed in a sleek, 9.3 mm all-aluminum enclosure that feels thin due to its tapered edges and sub-4 mm minimum thickness. However, the real question on everyone’s mind is how does it perform. In a couple of words: quite well.
Without further ado, here are some of the relevant benchmarks. Pictures to follow once your favorite camera cable-forgetting editor-in-chief returns home.
- Stock Browser Sunspider 0.9.1: 1294.1 ms +/- 10.2%
- Latest Chrome Beta Sunspider 0.9.1: 1219.8 ms +/- 7.2%
General Performance Benchmarks
- CF-Bench by XDA Elite Recognized Developer Chainfire: 26728, 20119, 22762. To provide some context, the International Samsung Galaxy S III scores: 23966, 6489, 13080; and the HTC One X scores: 22988, 6003, 12797.
- AnTuTu: 22756 (CPU: 11414, RAM: 4015, GPU: 6420, I/O: 907)
- Quadrant: 12026 (CPU: 35114, Mem: 10821, I/O 10908, 2D: 1006, 3D: 2253)
- Smartbench 2012: 6979 Productivity, 2849 Games
Does this level of performance leave you a bit weak in the knees? Let us know in the comments section below!
Note: Corrected the SoC information, thanks to the info in the comments. For some reason, CF-Bench erroneously reported the 8960._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!