Some users like to push their devices to their limits. Whether it’s overclocking the CPU or GPU, changing governors and schedulers, or applying every speed tweak they can find, there are some out there that give their devices a harder workout than most Olympic athletes. This is especially true for some tablet owners, who like to use their devices for gaming. After all, the less lag the better. For Google Nexus 7 owners, you can now push your tablet to its limit.
The kernel, called Elite Kernel, is actually a modified kernel based on the Motley kernel developed by XDA Senior Member _motley. Modified by XDA Senior Member clemsyn, the revised kernel adds a number of tweaks and mods to push the Nexus 7′s hardware. In fact, it pushes it to the extent that some users may not even be able to use it if their specific Nexus 7 can’t handle the mods. Some of the features include:
1. JRCU is implemented
2. Lowest backlight setting set to 5 (save battery and better reading at night, if you have screen flicker issue it will be more noticable because of this so I suggest covering the ground pin of wifi)
3. Core voltage increased from 1200 to 1250mv on the high side to hit 1.7 frequency and 600 GPU but decreased from 950 to 900mv on the low side.
4. Increased CPU voltage to 1240mv for 1.7 frequency but allows decreased 750mv in low side
5. Increased GPU clock to 600 and pixclock increased (please let me know if you have problems on screen due to pixclock increase but so far no issues on testers)
6. Built using gcc 4.5.2 ( I know, I’m an oldie)
7. DVFS core table completely changed to allow max clock of host1x and pll_c and hit most max frequencies.
8. Enable Thermal_Sys to throttle at 68 (BTW, if you are using system tuner, the reading is +10 as per secret)
Assuming your Nexus 7 can handle these settings, it can increase the performance substantially, especially when playing very resource-intensive games. It’d be a good idea to create a Nandroid before flashing in case you need to restore. For more info, check out the original thread._________