Using a hex editor to unlock a phone can be a very challenging task, especially if one does not have good knowledge of hex. More difficult still if it’s something that needs to be done on the fly.
Well, if you happen to own a Samsung Galaxy 4g, then the difficulty level has just dropped to nearly nothing.
XDA Senior Member FBis251 has written out a script, run through an existing app in the Android Market, that will get you those unlock codes without dealing with the angst of hex editing. The only prerequisite is that you need a functional T-Mobile simcard for the time being, although he’s working on a way to get it to users without one. It’s a relatively simple procedure:
1) Download the script file, save it on the SD card
2) Download Script Manager from the market
3) Open Script Manager and run the script from the SD card
4) When the dialog comes up asking you to run the script, tap on SU (it will turn green) and tap Run
5) Your unlock code will be shown on the screen and will be saved as unlock_code.txt on your sd card
That’s a very simple, free and non-headache inducing way of getting those unlock codes you’ve been looking for. If you want to check out the other features and some screenshot goodness, you can follow the link for the original thread.___________________