A lot of people seem to be rather annoyed at the fact that there is an activation message every time their Galaxy Tablet is turned on. There are various methods for skipping this on other versions of the device, but the Sprint one seems to have adverse effects or doesn’t work at all with them. XDA member mmathai77 has posted a method to bypass this with a few simple steps. Needless to say, if you are new to Android, you may want to make sure that you understand what you are doing as you will be messing with some files in the root of the device. Again, the process itself is rather simple. You will need to be rooted and Root Explorer or some other app that lets you see/modify files in the root of the device.
If you have any suggestions or comments regarding this work around, please feel free to share them.
1) I used Root explorer and went to:
2) put the folder in R/W mode (look at top for button)
3) now look for -
4) long hold press it, either copy it and paste it in another folder as backup.
5) go back to /system/app/ and long hold press sprintadroidextension.apk
again and Delete it.
6) put the folder back in R/O mode.
Now restart and you should not see anymore activation messages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]
You can find more information in the tutorial thread.
Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer._________