Recently, XDA named Sony as OEM of the year. From being the first non-Nexus device to be supported in Android Open Source Project to taking over the community build themselves, Sony has given back to the development community.
XDA Recognized Developer, News Writer, and Senior Moderator jerdog got his hands on the Sony Xperia S. He talks about the device and how it compares to other devices. He shows you what comes in the box of an Sony Xperia S package. Finally he shows you how to root the device with tools built by XDA Recognized Developer Bin4ry. Check this video out.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Improving Video Quality on Nexus 4, Sharing apps on Android 4.2+, HD2 Gets Android 4.2! – XDA Developer TV
- Nook HD/HD+ Rooted, Galaxy Camera Open Source Bootloader, ARM in Linux Kernel 3.7! – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Live in Peace and Quiet with Silence – XDA Developer TV
- Unlock the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II Bootloader – XDA Developer TV
- Big Android BBQ 2012: Interviews and Silliness! – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!