Launchers hold a special place in the Android world as the application that all Android users use the most. The homescreens, the dock, the app drawer, all of it is apart of the launcher experience and you literally cannot turn your device on without encountering the launcher.
As it stands, there are a number of launchers in the Android market and several of them are famously popular. LauncherPro, ADW and Espier to name a few. However, there is a new launcher looking to make some waves of its own.
Enter ssLauncher, a unique, reportedly lightweight and free launcher in the Android Market. Among some of the usual features that come with a launcher, such as having customizable themes, is that the launcher makes the home screens on the device look like pages in a magazine. The full feature list includes:
- Decorate screen with a variety of styles for shortcuts and widgets.
- Easy and quick access to pages for contacts, bookmarks, application drawer, application group.
- Many useful features of application drawer: showing/hiding app, marking star for favorites apps, changing application icon and name, uninstalling app and so on
- Create application group and manage list by drag and drop.
- Save and load your theme, page layouts and settings.
- Convert the saved theme file to apk. (contact us by e-mail for more informations)
- Hide status bar, open status bar by swiping down.
- You can implement nice screen without launcher 7, dvr, minimalistic text, wp clock, clockr etc.
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!