So XDA forum member ChainsDD decided it was time the original superuser app written back in 2008 got a new look and some new features.
Originally written by XDA member Koush, the Superuser app allows specified applications to get root when authorised. The program works with any application that uses su – no special code or support needs to be written.
ChainsDD has given the Superuser app a complete refresh making it more easy to read showing each permission by it’s name rather than it’s UID.
Originally posted by ChainsDD:
- Many translations (Spanish, German, Czech, Greek, French, Italian, Dutch and Danish).
- Optional notifications.
- A dialog that shows details of each permission including access times.
- A much clearer request window.
- Permission are removed when an app is uninstalled to prevent another app from possibly getting permissions you don’t want it to have.
- A bunch of work behind the scenes to smooth things out.
There are 4 versions covering Cupcake, Donut and Eclair Android builds and ROM types.
To download and for more information, check out the application thread._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!