Trickster Mod for Galaxy Nexus Adds Number of Kernel Features
Posted June 15, 2012 at 06:30 pm by Former Writer
Most modifications that we see deal with a device’s ROM. Using popular build.prop tweaks and other methods, developers can coerce better performance out of a phone by changing a few parameters here and there. Now, Samsung Galaxy Nexus have a collection of kernel modifications.
Created by XDA Senior Member bigeyes0x0, the Trickster Mod utilizes a number of scripts and binaries to add a lot of under the hood tweaks that set it apart from traditional modifications. The full list of features include:
This CWM zip include the binaries and scripts I used for optimization in Trickster ROM. What it can do/set:
– Zipalign and sqlite DB optimization at boot
– Some android properties tweaks with mobile network speed tweak
– Screen state optimization for kernel task scheduler and virtual management (ch33kybutt)
– Set I/O scheduler, read ahead buffer, CPU scaling governor, min and max CPU speed
Following features are dependent on kernel features:
– Color (applied by default), contrast and gamma tweaks
– Generic hotplug
– CPU Temp limit
– Minimal SmartReflex voltage of Core, IVA, and MPU domains
– Nominal SmartReflex voltage for Core, IVA, and MPU domains
– Regulator voltages
– GLaDOS live OC of Core, GPU and MPU
– WIFI mode for screen off (power saving or full speed)
– Vibrator strength
– Headset volume boost
– High performance sound
– Force fast charge
– Battery live extender
– Touch wake and touch wake duration
– fsync control
The mod is flashable in from a custom recovery, making the installation process easy. Users who want to tweak the settings of the mod can navigate to the trickster.conf file with their favorite file explorer, and edit the values themselves.
To learn more, continue to the original thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!