Team Win Recovery Project was recently updated to bring several improvements and bug fixes to the popular custom recovery. For those unfamiliar, TWRP is a custom recovery with an impressive touch-based GUI that packs quite a punch and makes recovery operations a flash, no pun intended.
TWRP is officially available for dozens of Android devices, and is quickly becoming the custom recovery solution of choice for many enthusiasts. It is an open source project and utilizes the open source Open Recovery Script, which Team Win created.
- Significantly improved sd-ext handling (ext partitions on sdcards)
- Changes to kinetic scrolling in file selectors
- Fixed a problem with using periods in backup names
- Fixed problems in XML layouts with mounting system and USB storage
- Fixed a problem with unmounting a partition before formatting during restore
- Add Jelly Bean decrypt support
- Updated 320×480 theme to match others (thanks to Llewelyn)
- Improve “symlinking” of /data/media to either /sdcard or /emmc
- Added sanitizing of device IDs for invalid characters (thanks to bigbiff)
- Fixed free space calculation when switching backup devices on /data/media devices
- Fixed a problem with using OpenRecoveryScript to create a backup without providing a backup name
Want to grab TWRP 2.2.2 for your device? Head over to the appropriate forum thread link below for your device: