Update:GSM Touch Pro2 Android Port
Posted March 28, 2010 at 06:28 pm by WenWM
The XDAndroid team has been very busy lately, progressing the Touch Pro2 Android port faster than any other team or forum. Thanks to Reefermattness, we stay updated on their recent updates and get the links to download. They recently released an update that adds some pretty nice features and brings some changes to the build/zimage.
I have this running on my Touch Pro2, and it is a speed demon. It loads fast, it updates fast, it feels fast. I am sure they are just a month away from having a perfect port, then ROMs might be the next step.
- NEW Mar 25 New zimage/modules: This re-enables the so called “turbo mode”. Some benchmarking figures indicate better memory performance. (topa/rhod: Drive AXI bus @160Mhz when A11 is @528Mhz)
- NEW Mar 25 New additions to the Startup Utility! Progress bar & Rootfs.img Auto-Update should also have fixed some compatibility issues, and crashes during the update!
- 3/17 Additions to the Startup Utility! Auto Update & App Manager! (Pieteckhart is going crazy with this one!)
- 3/17 zImage/Modules: Re-enable speakerphone by adding “external.rhod_speaker=1″ to startup.txt (ONLY SPEAKERPHONE, no external audio, Mic also will not work.)
- 3/08 3D Finally working(ish) Will not show Nexus boot screen, or some other 3D apps that require LOTS of RAM. (Remove cmdline “hw3d.force=1″ from your startup.txt to go back to the old settings and get your splash screen back)
- 3/08 System.sqsh from babijoee, includes Home++ (
The thread contains all your links.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!