One of the most amazing aspects of the Android operating system is its ability to be customized to almost no end. With custom ROMs here, themed applications there, you can truly make Android feel like home in no time.
However, one type of change is often left out. Given the vast choices for launchers, it’s surprising to see a lack of replacement dialers, especially given a smartphone’s alleged primary purpose. Luckily, however, XDA forum member thinkpanda has release Angel Dialer, aiming to help satisfy your longing for spruced up calling.
In the words of the developer:
Angel Dialer is a T9 phone dialer for Android platform. The objective of the app is make really fast searching. It has slight emphasis on searching of Chinese contacts, but English contacts searching is fine.
- T9 keypad quick search
– Blazingly fast contact searching
– Multitouch keypad for faster input of numbers
- Search contacts by whole word or first character of words
– Search contacts with Latin alphabet, Cyrillic alphabet and Chinese phonetic (Hanyu Pinyin, MPS or Cantonese)
– Both contact name and phone number are searched
– Wild card search phone number and contact name (e.g Enter “123*4″ match phone number “12399444″)
– Filter contact list or search result by contact groups. (Please press “Menu” button)
– Search mode for entering keyword directly.
– Landscape mode. Support native landscape devices like Motorola Flipout.
– Open Voice mailbox
- Show all phone numbers of contact in one place (click the thumbnail)
– Display custom phone and email type of Google contacts
– Long click contacts to show contextual options.
– Share contacts as text or vCard.
– Besides English, the application is localized to Traditional, Simplified Chinese and Russian
– Support adding pause to phone numbers
– Two color schemes
Given the rather extensive feature list and aesthetically appealing visuals, it may be worthwhile to give this alternative dialer a shot. Be sure to continue on to the application thread to let this dialer be your guardian angel, if only in the digital realm!_________