When Verizon Wireless decided to lock down their version of the flagship Samsung Galaxy S III, XDA responded as usual—“Challenge Accepted.” Part of that challenge involved XDA Forum Members donating money to get XDA Elite Recognized Developer, XDA Developer TV Producer, and hardware hacker extraordinaire AdamOutler a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III.
After tearing the Galaxy S III apart, inspecting its hardware, and spending countless hours trying different approaches, AdamOutler finally got the bootloader unlocked. Now that the goal has been met, AdamOutler set up a contest to give the phone away. In this video AdamOutler shows the results of the top four bash script contest submission and announces the winner. Hit play to find out who won.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Protect Your Device with Hidden Eye – XDA Developer TV
- How to Build a Windows Phone App Part 3: OAuth Tokens and JSON – XDA Developer TV
- Test an Android RPG, Google Tool Ports Android Apps to iOS, CM10 for Xoom – XDA Developer TV
- How to Build an Android App Part 5: Arduino ADK – Working with Digital Outputs – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!