For those who don’t know, Whatsapp is a powerful texting application that also supports group chats. Being a cross-platform app supporting several OSes including Android and iOS, it is quite popular. On Android, users not only use the program, but they can also modify and theme it.
Here on XDA Developers, not only can we find heavily themed app variants, but we also find various new ways to control them. This is exactly what the Windows-only Whatsapp Xtract does. Released by XDA Forum Member ztedd and Fabio Sangiacomo, this app gives users more control over their older messages and helps clean out conversations that have gotten too big without erasing them permanently. The full feature list, posed in the form of “have you ever” questions, includes:
- have a useful backup of your whatsapp chats?
- be able to read your whatsapp chats again using a backup file?
- delete the grown-too-big message history of whatsapp without losing the possibility to read the old conversations?
- read older messages without the need of endlessly pressing the annoying “load older messages” button?
- be able to search old messages?
The interface is run on a Windows computer, as mentioned, and is compatible with both Android and iOS. Users will also need to install the ActivePython, but ztedd gives proper instructions on how to do this.
For more information, head over to the original thread and start putting those old messages in a safe place._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!