With the public release of Windows 8 right around the bend, things have been heating up in the Windows part of XDA. That means that inevitably there will be some fun Windows 8 stuff for Android for those who want a taste of the other side without actually getting a Windows phone device. For instance, a Windows Phone 8 lookalike launcher has hit the Google Play Store.
It was posted to the forums by XDA Forum Member navdeepsangwan. There are some inherent things you should be aware of. For instance, it’s in Chinese. That shouldn’t dissuade you to try it, as it is free. However, it may prevent many from using it all the time. Some of the features of the launcher include:
A style desktop software
Of WP8 Desktop (LauncherWP8) specifically for the Android system to launch a Windows Phone 8 style desktop software, you can add a variety of styles porcelain block grid in eight different sizes, different colors, 8 different themes, customize your fully personalized the start screen.
- You can add different size porcelain block grid;
- 8 different colors can be added ceramic block grid;
- Can be set to a different color theme;
- Support setting hidden does not show some of the program;
- Add support for desktop widgets to porcelain block;
- Support Android system wallpaper / background set;
- Support for free drag placing porcelain block grid;
- Support to select the icon images from the SD card;
- Comes with a number of application icons and pictures;
- Comes with a special time module ceramic block grid;
- Comes with Windows Phone 8 style lock screen;
- If you have other questions, please add QQ group 259868359 additive group, please specify: WP8 desktop, pro, etc. Oh ^ ^
Big thanks to Google Translate for that. In an effort to make it more friendly, XDA Recognized Contributor melvinchng and XDA Senior Member frenzyboi are working on separate versions of the application that are translated to English. Until the app devs who created the Play Store version release an English version, the modified versions are about the best you’re going to get if you speak English.
To get started, check out the application thread._________
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!