Scan Your Device for Security Vulnerabilities with X-Ray
Posted August 13, 2012 at 02:30 pm by Haroon Q. Raja
Many of us store and access personal and sensitive information on our smartphones these days. That’s why keeping them secure is very important. Unfortunately, malicious hackers are always on the lookout for vulnerabilities that can be exploited to gain unauthorized access to your device.
X-Ray for Android is an app developed by XDA Senior Member NOMIOMI that scans your Android device for several known vulnerabilities to give you a better understanding of where your device stands from a security perspective. Here is the list of exploits X-Ray currently scans:
- Exploid (Up to Android 2.1 Eclair)
- ASHMEM (Up to Android 2.2 Froyo)
- ZimperLich (Up to Android 2.2 Froyo)
- Gingerbreak (Up to Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread)
- Levitator (Up to Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread; devices with PowerVR SGX)
- ZergRush (Up to Android 2.3.* Gingerbread; patched in different GB versions by different vendors)
- Mempodroid (Up to Android 4.0.4 ICS)
- Wunderbar (Linux kernel exploit; may or may not be patched yet)
As you can see, this list may seem significantly dated but the developer has promised to update the app with detection capabilities for newer vulnerabilities as they keep on getting discovered.
Learn more in the application thread._________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!