If you have been living under a rock, XDA has been running an amazing contest the past two weeks involving the latest tablet to hit the market, the Sony Xperia Tablet Z. After almost 100 entries, the judges were able to narrow it down to the following 10 winners (in no particular order) along with a brief description of their winning entry:
1. lilstevie – LittleKernel development to allow separate boot and recovery kernels
2. zacthespack - native port of, and custom ROM for, LinuxonAndroid
3. Apache14 - open source IR blaster
4. bluefa1con - bringing official PACman ROM to the Tablet Z
5. mamenyaka - Ubuntu Touch port to the Tablet Z
6. rayman - functional multiboot of different android variants as well as booting third party linux distributions
7. rydo88 - ‘smart environment’ setup utilizing NFC tags and Sony’s entertainment packages with the Tablet Z
8. sagarmane4u - education based solutions for studying and exam prep
9. sailnw - boat management application for cruisers and sailors
10. anthonycr - open source Lightning Browser development for 10″ tablets
We really thank everyone for submitting ideas, and only wish that we had more to give away. Be sure to look for these projects to start appearing in the Sony Xperia Tablet Z Original Android Development forum, and check back over the next few weeks to see articles featuring these winners and their projects. Also we’ll let you know when it’s time to start voting on the Grand Prize winner of the Sony NEX-6 camera.
Join us for xda:devcon 2014. For a limited time, XDA Portal readers get 20% off registration!