Everyone loves a good competition; there’s no denying it. Generally, we don’t just give away devices for the sake of giving them away. Sure it drives traffic, but that traffic usually ends up going away until the next giveaway. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. We would rather showcase the amazing work done by the developers on XDA and let that drive traffic than to try and drive traffic by giveaway. However, when given an opportunity to give away something that promotes development, we are all in. This is just such an example.
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z is the latest tablet out in the marketplace, and it’s one of the top ones right out of the gate. With a 10.1″ Full HD Reality Display, 1.5 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro, NFC, IR-blaster, 8.1 MP rear-facing and 2.2 MP front-facing HD cameras, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB storage in a water resistant and dustproof case coming in at 6.9 mm and under 500 grams, this tablet is powerful and beautiful.
XDA is pleased to announce that we have 10 of these tablets to give away, but not in the normal way. For this contest we’re going to do things a bit differently. Here’s how this is going to work:
- Beginning today, you can submit a pitch on what development project utilizing the Tablet Z and it’s features you would work on if you one via this form. The deadline for all submissions is Thursday, June 20.
- XDA will pick the 10 best projects or ideas and will send a Tablet Z to be used for the submitted project.
- The 10 recipients will share the progress of their projects in the Tablet Z forum, and the community will vote on their favorite project or idea by the end of July.
- There will be two Grand Prize winners, with both the top vote-getting project and an XDA-picked project getting a Sony NEX-6 camera, courtesy of Sony.
A few Terms & Conditions for the contest:
- Only one entry per person may be accepted, and excess entries will be disqualified.
- You must be a member in good standing, with no history of bans and/or serious infractions
- You must be able to pay any and all customs fees associated with receiving the tablet
- You must be able and willing to keep your contest thread updated
- XDA reserves the right to disqualify an entry for any extenuating circumstances
So don’t wait, get out there and come up with some truly great ideas!_________
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip! -- Join us for xda:devcon 2014!