If you own a device that happens to have a healthy ROM development section here at XDA, you more than likely have already tried your fair share of different aftermarket, community-driven ROMs. Unfortunately, changing from one ROM to the next generally means leaving behind certain ROM-specific features and customizations. Thankfully, we’ve seen a few methods in the past that deliver analogs of these ROM-specific features by leveraging the power of XDA Recognized Developer rovo89‘s Xposed Framework (thread).
XDA Senior Member zst123 created XuiMod to piece together a small collection of unique ROM-specific features from, along with a few tweaks of his own. The current build (1.1) supports the following features, as stated by zst123 himself:
- Seconds in StatusBar Clock (eg. 10:59:59am)
(Customizable with SimpleDateFormat and Boldable)
- BatteryBar (grabbed from PACman ROM)
- Transitions Animation (grabbed from Xylon ROM – xylon_grouper_011_12-08-2012.zip to be exact)
(I found out later that it looks same as Nexus 7 2013 animation. Hmm. Google?)
- ListView Animation (grabbed from RootBox)
- ListView persistent cache (Please experiment with this. Slower phones will have more noticeable effects.)
- Volume Disable in Lockscreen
(Useful for those who have volume wake. Don’t want my pocket to change Ring Mode during meetings. Don’t want to disable volume wake too, my power button is dying)
Naturally, the credit to most of these features must go to their original creators, as well as the creators of the Xposed Framework. As such, zst123 has expressed gratitude to rovo89, Tungstwenty, C3C076, MoKee ROM Team, RootBox, Xylon ROM Team, and the PACman ROM Team for their contributions.
Head over to the module thread to get started._________