Sony Cross-Device Development Pilot
Today we are very excited to announce a new pilot program that will go live in the next few days. Given the emergence and increasing popularity of One-Click-Tools and Toolboxes, many developers faced a problem: Where do I put my thread if the tool is compatible with multiple devices?
Until now, you had three possibilities where each one had its own flaws:
- General Android development (not many people search for Sony toolboxes in this forum → limited visibility)
- Just a single device development forum (again, limited visibility for all the other devices)
- One thread per supported device (Easily mistaken as spamming the forum and only possible in a few limited cases)
We hope to solve this issue with the introduction of a cross-device development forum. For now, this will only cover a few Sony devices. But if the pilot is successful, we plan on adding other OEMs as well. So here’s how it works:
- We have created a separate forum for Sony cross-device development projects
- Each of the supported devices received a new subforum, which is in fact just a link to that forum mentioned above. Example: Xperia Z
- If you are the developer of a cross-device tool, you can create a thread in the new forum or ask a moderator to move your existing thread there
Obviously this new forum has a very strict set of rules to keep it clean:
- Only development threads are allowed, and no random chatter, requests, OT, etc
- You are only allowed to post if your project is compatible with multiple devices (two or more, for example Xperia Z and ZL)
- Your thread needs to clearly show which devices it’s meant for, and this information needs to be very visible (if possible, place it in the title as well)
- If your development project is likely to generate a lot of device-specific chatter (like device specific bugs) and you don’t want to have all that in one thread, you might want to think about creating device-specific threads (contact your forum moderator and ask for advice)
Please feel free to contact XDA Senior Moderator Diamondback or any of the Administrators for questions and feedback.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!