We’re looking for volunteers to help us with the Portal here at XDA. The Portal is quickly becoming a valuable resource to the XDA community because it draws forth the best content from our forums and makes it easy to sort through by device or operating system.
In order to be considered to be a writer for the Portal, you must:
- Have at least 20 posts racked up in the forums
- Have a strong knowledge about smartphone devices
- Have the ability to write coherently
- Have at least 30 minutes of free time per day
Being a member of the writers team for XDA means that you’ll need to spend time in the forums finding interesting software releases, so it’s also important that you’re good at finding information. If you’re interested, please answer the following questions in the form of a PM to Flar, who is the Editor-in-Chief of the Portal:
- Why are you applying?
- What smartphones do you own?
- What is your day job?
- How many hours of free time do you have per week?
- What do you like most about XDA?
- How would you improve XDA?
Q: Is this a paying position?
A: This is a volunteer position at this time. You’ll be helping the community immensely by being a part of the Portal writers team
Q: How many writers are you looking for?
A: We’re looking to add 3-5 writers
Q: Is there an age requirement?
A: We ask that you be at least 16 years old to post
Q: Is it difficult to post content?
A: We’re using WordPress – it’s simple!
Q: Can I post news from other sites?
A: At this time, the XDA Portal is intended only for bringing forth content from the XDA forums. As you know, there’s plenty of that