XDA is Hiring PHP & Android Devs; Join the Team!
Posted October 22, 2012 at 04:30 pm by admin
The XDA community is kept running by a large and committed team, including dozens of moderators, admins, news writers, and more. The site’s servers and software, on the other hand, are managed by a much smaller team. Today we’re looking to add one or two talented and hard-working developers. We expect that these individuals will work remotely (at least to start) on either a contract or full-time basis.
Your contributions to the site will immediately impact over 20 million visitors per month, and will help to shape the course of development on mobile devices.
– Help move XDA into the future by developing new features and functionality for the site and related projects
– Experience with vBulletin, WordPress and git (not required, but a big plus)
– Experience writing clean, optimized, and well-commented code which works well at scale
– Fluency in HTML, CSS, AJAX and other web technologies; design experience a plus
– This is a full-time job, but we are willing to accept highly qualified part-time applicants who can guarantee at least 20 hours per
week of work
- Must have built clean, polished apps that are released on Google Play
– Native Android OS experience; apps will maintain tight integration with the OS
– This would be a contract position to start (10 – 20 hours per week) but could become full-time
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the following:
– A resume
– Your XDA username (if applicable)
– Links to sample code or projects you’ve developed from start to finish
– A general description of salary requirements (or your rate for hourly work if applicable)
– Anything else we should know about you or why you want to work for XDA
Please, no consulting firms or development shops. We want a creative and hard-working individual.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!