If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Announcing the Winners of Our Poweramp Giveaway Contest!
You may remember that just under two weeks ago, we held a fun contest asking users to share their funniest tech-related stories. Well, the contest has now been over for some time, and we would like to announce the 25 winners, as voted by our readers!
- fepdzu with 131 upvotes
- Ayush Singh with 100 upvotes
- najodleglejszy with 71 upvotes
- Da Avenger with 66 upvotes
- gtaguitar7596 with 65 upvotes
- Paradoxxx with 49 upvotes
- cybojenix with 48 upvotes
- dnmmx with 43 upvotes
- Dark Wraith with 28 upvotes
- enfxuevsi with 19 upvotes
- yummyxyz with 17 upvotes
- Scattered Osyx with 15 upvotes*
- WC with 14 upvotes*
- GreyGhostRos with 13 upvotes
- PcFish with 13 upvotes
- Ricardo Faria with 12 upvotes*
- Lostboy2909 with 11 upvotes
- InkSlinger420 with 11 upvotes
- gipsyblade with 9 upvotes
- Sandeep_Jagtap with 8 upvotes
- Walter.White with 8 upvotes
- Иван Блинов with 7 upvotes*
- Vepaot with 4 upvotes
- scoobdude with 4 upvotes
- BrianXP7 with 4 upvotes
Congratulations to our winners, and many thanks to the Poweramp team and to everyone who entered! Winners with XDA-linked Disqus accounts will receive a PM from me in the coming minutes asking for your Google Play Email address that I will pass along to the Poweramp team.
* Please note: The four users listed above with asterisks did not have their Disqus account linked with their XDA account. If you are one of these four and you wish to redeem your prize, please leave a comment here in this article from the Disqus account you used to enter the content stating your XDA user name (must have been created at least one month before the contest). If these go unredeemed by Friday, I’ll proceed to move down the list for potential winners.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...
A few months ago, we came up with the idea of presenting the history of flagship devices released by some of the major Android OEMs. In this, we've had the pleasure of bringing you the stories of Sony (Ericsson) and Samsung. Now, it's time for our third and final installment. This is a very special episode, as the OEM I will talk about was heavily connected to Android and the beginnings of XDA as a whole. Yes, I'm talking about HTC, the...