Here on XDA TV we have a series we like to call Must Have Apps. These are apps that we think are so great and useful that you must have them. We’ve given this title to such programs as Pushbullet, Light Flow, Helium, the AROMA File Manager, ROM Toolbox and Pocket Casts. But today we have an app that surpasses them all. Former XDA TV Producer Adam Outler offers up a must have application. In this video, XDA TV Producer...
Another LagFix Tool for Galaxy i9000
We recently posted about a utility to help with the lag from which the Samsung Galaxy i9000 has been suffering, and here’s another one to try out.
XDA Senior Moderator Chainfire has developed a Windows LagFix tool which uses the ext2/ext3 image in /data method. The beta tool comes with some added features including:
- Select from a set of presets, which folders you want to lagfix;
- Select the size of the image;
- Moving of data from RFS to the image is done in a boot loop, while files are not in use, minimizing the chance of corruption during the move;
- Comes with it’s own busybox, so no need to install separately and no chance for conflicts;
- Moves databases (safely);
- Uninstall option;
- Resize option, resize partition whenever you want, to whatever possible size.
Requires MS .NET 3.5 framework.
For more information and to download version 1.60 of the beta CFLagFix tool, check out the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
OnePlus has been teasing a new product for a while now, hailing it as a game-changer which isn't a tablet or a smartwatch. While speculations were rife about what this game-changing device could be, the company did confirm that the product was indeed a drone in their recent AMA. A tweet and vine from OnePlus shed some more light on this product, which was confirmed to be named as DR-1 (dr-one, get it?) and was to reach stores "next month". In a...
With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!