As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.
[APK Compendium] Google Play Services 4.4.52 for All Densities, and the Rest of This Week’s Updates
Google’s first party application updates have been coming a bit out of band over the past few weeks. Rather than the typical “Google Update Wednesdays” that we’ve become accustomed to seeing, it’s now not uncommon to see these Gapps updates appear seemingly at random.
Since our last APK compendium, we’ve seen quite a few significant updates. This began with Google Play Newsstand 3.2.1, continued with MyGlass 3 and Play Services 4.4.51, and finally culminated with Google Play Store 4.8.19, which brought us PayPal payment support through the Google Play app.
Now, Google has started rolling out an update to the Google Play Services. This update brings Play Services up to version 4.4.52, up from the previous 4.4.51 build that we saw this past Thursday. As one would expect from such a minor point revision, this one seems to only be packing bugfixes. That said, since some users complained of wakelocks with 4.4.51, perhaps this or other notable issues have been solved.
Without further ado, here are today’s Google Play Services Update for all screen densities:
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-030) – 213 DPI (Tablets)
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-032) – 160 DPI
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-034) – 240 DPI
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-036) – 320 DPI
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-038) – 480 DPI
- Google Play Services 4.4.52 (1174655-070)
And in reverse chronological order, here are the latest versions of all of the Google first party application updates we’ve seen over the last two weeks:
- Google Play Store 4.8.19
- Google MyGlass 3.0.0
- Google Play Newsstand 3.2.1
- Google Wallet 2.0-R163-v18
- Google Hangouts 2.1.100 (1151589-30)
- Google Docs 22.214.171.124
- Google Camera 2.1.043 (1161434-30)
- Google Drive 126.96.36.199
- Google Now Launcher 188.8.131.524249
- Google Play Music 5.5.1509O.1140258
- Google Search 184.108.40.2069292 (ARM)
- Google Wallet 2.0-R163-v18
- Google Sheets 220.127.116.11
- Google Cloud Print 0.9.10
- YouTube 5.6.36
And of course, here is the latest Google Maps 8.0.0 for all API Levels:
- Google Maps 8.0.0-800001324 – Android 4.3+ (API18)
- Google Maps v8.0.0-800001310 – Android 4.2+ (API 17)
- Google Maps v8.0.0-800001302 – Android 4.0+ (API 14)
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the differences between Cyanogen, Inc and CyanogenMod developers, as well as Cyanogen OS and the CyanogenMod ROM that so many XDA users love. The entities surrounding each of these are sometimes different and sometimes intertwined. We’ve gotten messages and comments requesting for a clearer distinction between these for future reference, which is why we are writing this feature. Let’s start...
Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of the new Google Cell Service and what we know about it and be sure to check out the article talking about the release of the Sony Xperia Z4. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on...