Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a million apps on the Google Play Store and new apps being submitted to our forums every day, staying up to date on the latest apps and games can be a hassle. At XDA, we don’t discriminate apps - if it’s interesting, innovative, original or useful, we mention them. The XDA Portal Team loves apps too, and we usually share and discuss the latest app releases...
App Development: Become a Mono for Android Ninja – XDA Developer TV
In an effort to help support XDA‘s recently added forums focusing solely on App Development, we have been providing information to support developers in their quest. Yesterday, XDA Developer TV Producer Jayce interviewed XDA Recognized Developer rovo89 about his Xposed Framework..
In today’s episode XDA Developer TV, Jayce interviews Miguel De Icaza, Co-Founder and CTO at Xamarin, about Mono for Android. Miguel talks about open source development and the value of open sourcing software and his compiler. Check out this video.
Check out Jayce’s Careers in Android Series.
- App Development: Xposed Framework for Android – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Getting Accepted to a Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Rate My Hacker School – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Become a Hacker – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Are You a Good Programmer or Great Programmer? – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Design an Android App – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Resumes Don’t Work on the Internet – XDA Developer TV
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
Check out Jayce’s HowToBecomeTV YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but showing your notifications instead. If you're a fan of that, you might want an easier way to check your notifications as they come in, without losing your current lockscreen. Glimpse Notifications by XDA Senior Member xrad offers just that. You'd normally have to turn your screen on manually to see your notifications. Instead, Glimpse Notifications will do it for you when a notification comes in. That doesn't mean...
As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.