While the majority of the top apps have already incorporated Google's newest design language, there are still very many apps that are in need of some Material Design love. Which apps do you think are most desperately in need of an update?
App Review: Access Your Android’s SD Card with WiFi Explorer – XDA Developer TV
If you are a typical XDA forum member, you never turn off your phone. However, sometimes you may leave your phone in the other room to charge, or just forget it by accident. It’s usually this moment when you realize while browsing on your computer that you need a file on your SD Card in your mobile device. Perhaps you just want a fast way to copy files to and from your device’s SD Card and your computer.
You can now do this with many types of FTP apps and with WiFi Explorer. In this video XDA Developer TV Producer TK reviews WiFi Explorer. He shows off the application, its uses and functionality, and then gives his thoughts. If this sort of functionality interests you, be sure to check out this app review.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos
- App Review: Manage Your Apps with Apps Manager – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Protect Your Device with Hidden Eye – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Remotely Control your Android Device with TeamViewer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Hear Sounds Over Your Music with Around Sound – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Holo Launcher, Ice Cream Sandwich Launcher and More! – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Enhance Your Browsing with ICS Browser+ – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Shoot in Bursts with Fast Burst Camera for Android – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Toggle in Your Notification Bar with Notification Toggle – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
To me, applications like this one are really important for school students. I bought my first significant Android the same year I began my Physics degree at my university, and immediately I realised how tremendously helpful it was. From accurate graphing applications to TI emulators (don't judge me, the real thing costs crazy amounts here!), passing through giants like Wolfram and MATLAB Mobile, there were a lot of tools for one to excel with. In fact, I'd say that without Android I wouldn't have chosen...
XDA Recognized Contributor Albe95 has shared with us what looks to be Galaxy S6 applications. The ones he's provided are the GearManager, the Optical Reader, GeoNews and Kids Mode. The applications are available for download through the links in the opening post, but keep in mind it is likely that they might not be compatible with your device. There's also new information about more applications and system interface features revealed in the same thread: The alleged S6 statusbar and panel are ported to the...