With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see lots of bashing on Apple's iPhone here. There are different reasons for the hate, but we'd like to hear your number one reason for not going with the iPhone. Let us know your thoughts below!
App Review: Live in Peace and Quiet with Silence – XDA Developer TV
With every app you install, it seems you get another icon in your notification bar. Along with that icon often comes a sound. Not only does your smartphone device ring when someone calls, it dings when you get a text message, Facebook wall post, Twitter retweet, Google+ community invitation, GroupOn deal notification, and your move notification with Words With Friends. After catching up on all that, you want your rest, but those noises—Someone stop the noises!
XDA Forum Member skmpowdjy offers up a Holo UI-themed application to create silence. In this video XDA Developer TV Producer TK reviews Silence. TK shows off the application and gives his thoughts, so check out this app review.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos
- App Review: Simple Web Browsing with Naked Browser – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Save Your Battery with One Power Guard – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Stylish Web Browsing with Holoweb Browser – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Unlock your Phone Differently with Picture Password LockScreen – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Dim Your Screen with Screen Standby – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Run a FTP Server on Android with FTP Server Ultimate – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Access Your Android’s SD Card with WiFi Explorer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Control Your Phone with NFC Tags Using AnyTAG NFC – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Manage Your Apps with Apps Manager – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Protect Your Device with Hidden Eye – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Remotely Control your Android Device with TeamViewer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Hear Sounds Over Your Music with Around Sound – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Holo Launcher, Ice Cream Sandwich Launcher and More! – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Enhance Your Browsing with ICS Browser+ – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Shoot in Bursts with Fast Burst Camera for Android – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Toggle in Your Notification Bar with Notification Toggle – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...