There are so many Power Banks out there. However, they are not all the same. Some sacrifice weight for capacity. Others do the opposite. Some come with two ports and some come with more, while others come with less. Some are just batteries with a case around it, but others have some unique features. In this episode of XDA TV, Producer TK reviews the RAVPower RP-WD02 Wireless Filehub & Portable Travel Router. This device is the successor to the RP-WD01...
App Review: Live in Peace and Quiet with Silence – XDA Developer TV
With every app you install, it seems you get another icon in your notification bar. Along with that icon often comes a sound. Not only does your smartphone device ring when someone calls, it dings when you get a text message, Facebook wall post, Twitter retweet, Google+ community invitation, GroupOn deal notification, and your move notification with Words With Friends. After catching up on all that, you want your rest, but those noises—Someone stop the noises!
XDA Forum Member skmpowdjy offers up a Holo UI-themed application to create silence. In this video XDA Developer TV Producer TK reviews Silence. TK shows off the application and gives his thoughts, so check out this app review.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos
- App Review: Simple Web Browsing with Naked Browser – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Save Your Battery with One Power Guard – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Stylish Web Browsing with Holoweb Browser – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Unlock your Phone Differently with Picture Password LockScreen – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Dim Your Screen with Screen Standby – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Run a FTP Server on Android with FTP Server Ultimate – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Access Your Android’s SD Card with WiFi Explorer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Control Your Phone with NFC Tags Using AnyTAG NFC – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Manage Your Apps with Apps Manager – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Protect Your Device with Hidden Eye – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Remotely Control your Android Device with TeamViewer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Hear Sounds Over Your Music with Around Sound – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Holo Launcher, Ice Cream Sandwich Launcher and More! – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Enhance Your Browsing with ICS Browser+ – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Shoot in Bursts with Fast Burst Camera for Android – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Toggle in Your Notification Bar with Notification Toggle – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Most of this article doesn't only apply to Telegram+ -- it just happens to be an example that got a lot of coverage elsewhere, with many authors or commentators putting the full blame on Google, Telegram, the Telegram+ developer or even WhatsApp Inc (eh?). In this article, we'll try to look at the different aspects to provide a clear view of what actually happened, and what can (and hopefully will) improve with regards to developers in general and the Play...
Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...