Unfortunately there was a memory leak in Android 5.0.x Lollipop. Thankfully it was fixed in Android 5.1. However, at the time of this video Xposed Framework doesn’t have Android 5.1 support. So you are faced with a choice of fixing the memory leak or running your Xposed Modules. Or are you? In this episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, XDA TV Producer TK reviews an Xposed Module that adds the Android 5.1 memory fix to pre 5.1 Lollipop devices. The module...
App Review: Unlock your Phone Differently with Picture Password LockScreen – XDA Developer TV
Are you bored of Pin Codes? Is Face Unlock on your device played out and easy to crack with a picture? Is pattern unlock thwarted by the greasy fingerprint smear on your screen? Well, you could try a custom picture with a custom gesture to unlock your phone.
XDA Senior Member kevdliu offers up his app to help you set up a different lock screen experience. In this video XDA Developer TV Producer TK reviews Picture Password Lockscreen. TK shows off the application, its uses and functionality, and talks about his thoughts on the application. So check out this app review.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos
- App Review: Dim Your Screen with Screen Standby – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Run a FTP Server on Android with FTP Server Ultimate – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Access Your Android’s SD Card with WiFi Explorer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Control Your Phone with NFC Tags Using AnyTAG NFC – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Manage Your Apps with Apps Manager – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Protect Your Device with Hidden Eye – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Remotely Control your Android Device with TeamViewer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Hear Sounds Over Your Music with Around Sound – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Holo Launcher, Ice Cream Sandwich Launcher and More! – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Enhance Your Browsing with ICS Browser+ – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Shoot in Bursts with Fast Burst Camera for Android – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Toggle in Your Notification Bar with Notification Toggle – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best smartphones of 2014. The Global Mobile Awards given out during the time of MWC 2015 named it the Smartphone of The Year (SOTY?) alongside the iPhone 6, and at the time of its release it packed the very best in Android specifications, from the powerful Snapdragon 801 to the class-leading 1440p display. The camera, battery life and feature set were also deemed...
You've probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your resolution or a custom WhatsApp version with added features. How do developers do that, though? A lot of the time, the applications' source code isn't even available, so how does it all work? We'll see that first, then take a look at a new tool that aims to make the process much easier, and finally compare it to the popular Xposed framework to see how they...