From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
App Review: Unlock your Phone Differently with Picture Password LockScreen – XDA Developer TV
Are you bored of Pin Codes? Is Face Unlock on your device played out and easy to crack with a picture? Is pattern unlock thwarted by the greasy fingerprint smear on your screen? Well, you could try a custom picture with a custom gesture to unlock your phone.
XDA Senior Member kevdliu offers up his app to help you set up a different lock screen experience. In this video XDA Developer TV Producer TK reviews Picture Password Lockscreen. TK shows off the application, its uses and functionality, and talks about his thoughts on the application. So check out this app review.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos
- App Review: Dim Your Screen with Screen Standby – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Run a FTP Server on Android with FTP Server Ultimate – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Access Your Android’s SD Card with WiFi Explorer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Control Your Phone with NFC Tags Using AnyTAG NFC – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Manage Your Apps with Apps Manager – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Protect Your Device with Hidden Eye – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Remotely Control your Android Device with TeamViewer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Hear Sounds Over Your Music with Around Sound – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Holo Launcher, Ice Cream Sandwich Launcher and More! – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Enhance Your Browsing with ICS Browser+ – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Shoot in Bursts with Fast Burst Camera for Android – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Toggle in Your Notification Bar with Notification Toggle – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...