Google announced today that it will be bringing ads to the Play Store, and while that will surely annoy the majority of us, it isn't the only thing that sucks about the Play Store. From the lack of clear communication with developers to ridiculous restrictions, there are a handful of very annoying things about Google's approach. Let us know what bugs you the most about the Play Store.
App Review: Unlock your Phone Differently with Picture Password LockScreen – XDA Developer TV
Are you bored of Pin Codes? Is Face Unlock on your device played out and easy to crack with a picture? Is pattern unlock thwarted by the greasy fingerprint smear on your screen? Well, you could try a custom picture with a custom gesture to unlock your phone.
XDA Senior Member kevdliu offers up his app to help you set up a different lock screen experience. In this video XDA Developer TV Producer TK reviews Picture Password Lockscreen. TK shows off the application, its uses and functionality, and talks about his thoughts on the application. So check out this app review.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos
- App Review: Dim Your Screen with Screen Standby – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Run a FTP Server on Android with FTP Server Ultimate – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Access Your Android’s SD Card with WiFi Explorer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Control Your Phone with NFC Tags Using AnyTAG NFC – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Manage Your Apps with Apps Manager – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Protect Your Device with Hidden Eye – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Remotely Control your Android Device with TeamViewer – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Hear Sounds Over Your Music with Around Sound – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Holo Launcher, Ice Cream Sandwich Launcher and More! – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Enhance Your Browsing with ICS Browser+ – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Shoot in Bursts with Fast Burst Camera for Android – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Toggle in Your Notification Bar with Notification Toggle – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Smartwatches still have a lot of growing up to do. Not too long ago the latest Canalys figures revealed a rather disappointing outcome for 2014, something we covered with the ultimate conclusion that, once again, smartwatches had no year. The direction of smartwatches is unclear to even the biggest OEMs, and with every new option there seems to be polarizing dissonances from what people and OEMs want and what they both think they want. We've documented many of the reasons as to...
Every day, the majority of us use the internet through several different internet service providers, but what we may not think about whilst using this service is how much control these companies have over our experience. AT&T recently launched their rival to the Google Fiber service and subsequently looked for a way to further monetize on their offering. For an extra $29 on top of the $70 monthly charge, you can buy your privacy back from them. Otherwise expect online adverts...