Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...
App Shootout: Facebook for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone – XDA Developer TV
Some people say that the real difference between Windows Phone handsets, Android handsets, and iPhones are the apps. We at XDA know this isn’t true; there are hardware differences. However, how different are the apps? Are they the same? Are they completely different? Do they even have the same functionality?
In this episode, XDA Developer TV Producer Steve shows you the native Facebook apps for Android, iOS and Windows Phone. He shows you how they look, and talks about the differences (if any) between the apps. So if you ever wondered what the difference was, check this video out.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Android on Bada Improves, Swappa UK Launches, Beaming Large Files with SuperBeam – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Are You a Good Programmer or Great Programmer? – XDA Developer TV
- Intermediate Use of Tasker: Location Based Triggers – XDA Developer TV
- CASUAL Windows / Mac OSX Major Update and Windows Phone 8 Sunset in 2014 – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Secure Your Phone with aeGis – XDA Developer TV
- Google I/O 2013: Dispelling Rumors and Some Predictions – XDA Developer TV
- Why I Switched (Back) to Android? – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
SlimRoms' website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but it's good to know the team is working hard and is still on top of things. The SlimRoms GitHub repos are getting updated with some major changes showing up. Most notably, some projects are getting a new 5.1 branch: lp5.1! A new, revamped and open source website is also in the works, with a look inspired by material design. We also got a tip about an...
Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature in their flagships. There are already dozens of wireless chargers to choose from on the market today, but quality definitely varies. For those of you who charge your devices wirelessly, let us know which charger is your favorite and why.