If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when it comes to the General Public License that makes the core of Android open to us. The terms of the GPLv2 state that since the Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL,v2 Android has to be open-source for everyone to study or modify, and those that modify the Android kernel have to make their sources immediately available for...
Apple Forced to Apologize, CyanogenMod 10 Alphas, Verizon Galaxy S3 Updates – XDA Developer TV
Jordan is back today, talking about Jelly Bean, Samsung Galaxy S III, and other news from the XDA Portal. Jordan covers news on official CyanogenMod 10 previews for the International Galaxy S III and its US variants. Jordan talks about the two stories regarding Verizon, and the locked bootloader on their Galaxy S III. Jordan also mentions Erica’s video on Easy UMS.
In Jelly Bean news, Jordan mentions the Jelly Bean alphas for the HTC HD2, Sensation and Amaze 4G. Also, getting Jelly Bean is the Galaxy S II. Jordan wraps up the video with a mention of the marriage proposal the XDA way story.
Links to stories mentioned:
- CyanogenMod 9 RC2 Released for Various Devices
- Alpha Jelly Bean ROM for the Venerable HTC HD2
- Jelly Bean Alpha for the Sensation and Amaze 4G
- The Galaxy S II i9100G Doesn’t Like Being Left Out of the Party
- CyanogenMod 10 Preview for the US Galaxy S III Variants
- Official CM10 Preview for the International Galaxy S III i9300
- What is Unlocked and How Does This Affect Verizon’s SGS3?
- Update on the Verizon Galaxy S III Quest for Unlocked Bootloader
- Marriage Proposal, the XDA Way
- UK Judge Tells Apple to Publicly Apologize
- Easy UMS, USB Mass Storage and Media Transfer Protocol – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around the corner. In the past five years, the company has grown by leaps and bounds, rising to the positions of largest smartphone OEM in China and third-largest globally and coupled with its expansion plans and 100 million sales benchmark, this anniversary warranted a fervent celebration. After teasing products on its forums for a few days, Xiaomi held the anniversary event earlier today and staying true to the...
A few months ago, we came up with the idea of presenting the history of flagship devices released by some of the major Android OEMs. In this, we've had the pleasure of bringing you the stories of Sony (Ericsson) and Samsung. Now, it's time for our third and final installment. This is a very special episode, as the OEM I will talk about was heavily connected to Android and the beginnings of XDA as a whole. Yes, I'm talking about HTC, the...