Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a million apps on the Google Play Store and new apps being submitted to our forums every day, staying up to date on the latest apps and games can be a hassle. At XDA, we don’t discriminate apps - if it’s interesting, innovative, original or useful, we mention them. The XDA Portal Team loves apps too, and we usually share and discuss the latest app releases...
ASUS PadFone X Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
AT&T advertises the PadFone X as a 2-in-1 device. In that vein we are offering a 3-in-1 XDA Unboxing. Typically on Unboxed the XDA Way, XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutler tears apart an innocent device all the way to its bare components, the 2-in-1 ASUS is not safe from this fate. AdamOutler unboxes the PadFone X, PadFone Station, and the PadFone Dock keyboard, not stopping until we see the circuit boards running the whole show.
However, he doesn’t stop at striping it down to its bare bones. He shows you how you can root the device using TowelRoot. Finally, he shows us how to install a custom TWRP recovery. More information can be found in Adam’s forum post. So what are you waiting for? Check out this video.
Check out Adam’s other unboxing Videos:
- Oppo Find 7a Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- Omate TrueSmart Smartwatch Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- New Nexus 7 (2013) Unboxed the XDA Way with Screen Replacement – XDA Developer TV
- XDA:DevCon 2013 Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- Oppo Find Mirror (R819) Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- GooPhone i5 Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- JynxBox HD Network Media Streamer Unboxing the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- Oppo Find 5 Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- Unboxing of the Samsung Galaxy Camera Part 1 – XDA Developer TV
- Big Android BBQ 2012 Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
- Nexus 7
- Meizu MX
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Droid RAZR
- Auraslate Lifepad
- Nook Tablet
- Notion Ink Adam
- Galaxy S II
- Asus Transformer
Also, be sure to check out other great video’s on XDA Developer TV.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but showing your notifications instead. If you're a fan of that, you might want an easier way to check your notifications as they come in, without losing your current lockscreen. Glimpse Notifications by XDA Senior Member xrad offers just that. You'd normally have to turn your screen on manually to see your notifications. Instead, Glimpse Notifications will do it for you when a notification comes in. That doesn't mean...
As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we're starting to see a plethora of beautiful new apps on the Play Store. But which ones are the best? Let us know what you think the best looking apps on Android are and why.