While the majority of the top apps have already incorporated Google's newest design language, there are still very many apps that are in need of some Material Design love. Which apps do you think are most desperately in need of an update?
AT&T Galaxy S4 Gets KitKat, Google Now Launcher in Play Store, Cell Phone Unlocking Bill Incoming – XDA Developer TV
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 has been released! That and much more news is covered by Jordan, as he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week’s news is the announcement that the United Stated House has passed the Consumer Cell Phone Unlocking Bill and the Nokia Store has already been ported to other Android Devices! That’s not all that’s covered in today’s video!
Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA Developer TV. XDA Developer TV Producer TK released an Xposed Tuesday video for Google Experience Launcher Settings, Jordan talked about all the cool mobile phones announced at Mobile World Congress, and finally TK gave us an Android App Review of Castaway. Pull up a chair and check out this video.
Links to stories mentioned:
- Android 4.4.2 for the AT&T Galaxy S 4 is Here, OTA Captured!
- Google Now Launcher FINALLY Available to All Nexus and GPe Devices, APK Mirrored for All Others!
- Nokia Store Ported to Other Android Devices
- U.S. House Passes Consumer Cell Phone Unlocking Bill
- Forums Added for the Sony Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet
- XDA Xposed Tuesday: Google Experience Launcher (GEL) Settings – XDA Developer TV
- Mobile World Congress 2014 Announcements – Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung Galaxy S5 & More! – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Castaway Your Local Media to Your Chromecast – XDA Developer TV
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
To me, applications like this one are really important for school students. I bought my first significant Android the same year I began my Physics degree at my university, and immediately I realised how tremendously helpful it was. From accurate graphing applications to TI emulators (don't judge me, the real thing costs crazy amounts here!), passing through giants like Wolfram and MATLAB Mobile, there were a lot of tools for one to excel with. In fact, I'd say that without Android I wouldn't have chosen...
XDA Recognized Contributor Albe95 has shared with us what looks to be Galaxy S6 applications. The ones he's provided are the GearManager, the Optical Reader, GeoNews and Kids Mode. The applications are available for download through the links in the opening post, but keep in mind it is likely that they might not be compatible with your device. There's also new information about more applications and system interface features revealed in the same thread: The alleged S6 statusbar and panel are ported to the...