There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock Clock app for AOSP does the job, it may lack some of the more advanced features from competitors. Let us know what your favorite alarm clock app is for Android and why.
BattClock 1.4 Released
User ZuinigeRijder known for his TouchLockPro & StylusLock has released a new version of BattClock 1.4. Previously BattClock was available as part of TouchLockPro or StylusLock, but after many requests ZuinigeRijder has made it available as a separate and seemingly low footprint application.
The application replaces the Windows Mobile default battery meter with one that shows the percentage of battery life left and the current time.
This way you will be informed of your battery state and time on every window, without the need to go back to your Home view. Here is the feature list:
- Very small in memory: 1 Kb in memory (check it with a task manager)
- No CPU usage: 0.00 % CPU usage, check it with a task manager)
- Very small on disk: BattClock.exe 17 Kb on disk, BattClock.CAB 16 Kb on disk,
- Very efficient resource usage (clock update and measuring of battery percentage)
- Time and Battery percentage above the top bar
- Automatic detect settings the first time started, dependent of the screen resolution and colour.
- 12 hour clock possibility
- Date possibility in format DDMM or MMDD
- Only Date, Time or Battery Percentage possibility
- Indicator if charging (battery percentage character % is changed into tilde character ~)
- Clock width, height, X position and Y position configurable
- X position from the left configurable
- Automatic runtime adaption of BattClock on Portrait or Landscape mode (with negative ClockX setting)
- Background and Foreground color configurable
- FontSize configurable
- Configurable via registry settings (or configure via TouchLockPro BattClock Settings screen and than deinstall TouchLockPro)
- Supported resolutions: 240×320, 240×240, 480×480. 480×640, 480×800, etc.
- Supported Windows Mobile 6 Classic
- Supported Windows Mobile 6 Standard
- Supported Windows Mobile 6 Professional
- Supported Windows Mobile 6.5
- Supported Windows Mobile 5 or earlier????? Please let me know if it works on your phone!
- AppToDate support
Application thread can be found here.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...