From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you can secure your Android phone's lockscreen. Some methods are clearly more secure than others, but it comes down to user preference at the end of the day. So, which lockscreen security type do you prefer and why?
Battery Plus for Android
XDA member Davidandroid presents Battery Plus for Android devices. This useful and light weight application will let you check the most accurate information on your battery, including real-time battery capacity, temperature, voltage, etc. An auto-updating live chart allows you to visually track your battery usage to detail.
Updated version 2.1 includes the option to add “On Device Unlock” option to open WiFi/BT when the device is unlocked, smart battery saver function optimized, among other features. Moreover, the app is now fully compatible with Memory Booster.
Originally posted by Davidandroid
Hi see the features of our new product “Battery Plus”:
* Real-time battery status (capacity, temperature, voltage, and charging status, etc) monitor and battery usage tracking
* Homescreen widget support (Add to homescreen with Menu -> Add -> Widgets -> Battery Booster)
* Shortcuts to WiFi/Bluetooth/Screen Brightness/Screen Timeout settings
* Battery Calibration Notification to maximize your battery life span
* Settings to turn off WiFi/Bluetooth when device is locked. (The status of WiFi/Bluetooth will be saved and restored after your device is unlocked.)
* Settings to turn off WiFi/Bluetooth when your battery is low.
* Settings to enable beep and select beep tone when your battery is low.
* Save more battery with built-in smart task manager (Based on Memory Booster – Android RAM Optimizer)
Continue to the application thread here.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of 2,500 news items and forum threads every 24 hours. Only the most timely and interesting bits survive the editing process, but the portal's front page still sees weekly counts in excess of 100 posts. This is a glut of content to absorb, especially if following the news cycle isn't your full-time job. However, the tech world is vast, and the information must flow. With this in mind, please...
Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to read some of our thoughts, then pick your side or play devil’s advocate to get your voice heard and engage in friendly discussion. You can read our food-for-thought or jump straight into the fray below! PLEASE NOTE THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PRACTICALITY AND NOT ANY IMPLICATIONS. LET’S AIM FOR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION Tweaking Android is what a...