There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock Clock app for AOSP does the job, it may lack some of the more advanced features from competitors. Let us know what your favorite alarm clock app is for Android and why.
Beta Testing for XDA Forum Redesign is Now Open!
Over the past two weeks, some of you have discovered the new XDA 2010 “style” for the forums, which is the new visual style we’ve been working on for XDA for almost six months. We appreciate all the feedback so far. There are still bugs to be worked out, but we think it’s time to more broadly introduce it to the community. We spent COUNTLESS hours on this–much of that volunteer time from certain members of the community and the fantastic XDA moderators. Thank you so much to everyone who helped (or who offered to)! The new visual style for the forum is clean, modern, and reminiscent of the XDA “feel” that you’re all so used to. We hope you like it.
Eventually this style will be the new default. While we’re in beta mode, you can switch to it with this link. or by using the dropdown menu at the very bottom of the page (“XDA 2010 BETA”).
The style selection is saved with a cookie– so, for now, clearing them (or just clicking to log out) will bring you back to the good old lemon-colored XDA. If not, click here to force it back.
Some very IMPORTANT notes:
– We intend to continue to support the old style, so if you don’t like this one, don’t worry, you can switch back!
– The new style works much better on the most recent versions of all the popular browsers. It’s unusable on IE6 and will have some bugs on IE7.
– There are two new ad units. Our goal in the redesign was to not annoy members with new ads but to annoy guests (meaning, unregistered users) juuuust a little bit (so we can continue to exist/pay mounting server bills!). There is a new ad within the first post in every thread. Members will NOT see this (if you’re not a member, just register for free). There is a new square ad on the forum home page. Members can avoid this one too by switching to our new “compact mode.”
– By popular demand, there is a new “compact” view of our forum home page in the new style which is faster loading and easier to navigate. If you’re using a mobile browser, we’ve added code to automatically switch to the compact view. You can switch to it by clicking on the link in the breadcrumb bar at the top. This selection will be saved with a cookie.
– We are doing our best to optimize the speed of the new style. Some people love it, others are finding it a bit slow.
Here is a new thread to submit bugs found in the new style. There is a known bug list in the first post (which we will keep updated). It would be very helpful if you check that list before submitting.
Originally posted by svetius
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Did you watch Apple's VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement and wonder "why can't my Wear watch do that?" In typical XDA fashion, one enterprising forum member has brought similar functionality to Android Wear with a twist; it works on phones and watches alike, with other platforms on the way! The app is called Pinsy, and its release debut is a strong proof of concept with plenty of room to grow. You may remember the developer behind this project, XDA...
Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in the market for over 9 months. I personally have a Gear Live which I purchased 8 months ago, and my experience with it has had its ups and downs throughout my time with it. For the longest time, I was not able to recommend the platform to anyone. Since then, a lot of updates have hit Wear watches, some improving battery life, others changing the...