More Tips to Help Promote Your Android App
With over 700,000 apps in the Google Play store and more than 48 billion app installs, it’s quite the challenge to get your Android app noticed. This is exactly what XDA Forum Member the_main_app set out to do when he asked how to go about getting his app noticed.
We recently covered an excellent guide by XDA Forum Member DoubleP90 that helps with the task, so make sure that you’ve already had a look over there. But for those who want a few more tips by various forum members, the_main_app’s question thread may also be of use.
Thanks to the helpful nature of the XDA community, there are now quite a few useful tips in the thread—everything from making sure your app actually does what it says on the tin to making sure the UI is pretty enough to keep users enticed. Regarding the latter, there’s an XDA thread for that.™
Empirically, I determined that a new application has to be seen through search Google play. Search is all that we have without money for a marketing campaign.
Therefore,application should be optimized in the following order:
- Application name in google play. This name may be different from the name displayed on the desktop device. The application name contains 30 characters, they should contain the main application keywords.
- Description of the application must be clear and also contain keywords.
- Attractive icons are very important.
- The application must be beautiful and functional. No need to buy a device for $ 300-500 and install an ugly app. People want a beautiful application.
- Publication of forums mentioned above.
Key is a having a functional app. If users download an app which is half done and has disabled functions because they aren’t done yet, they are going to uninstall it. Second suggestion, a great design is makes a difference for a lot of people whether they’re going to install it or not.
When you have both those things, you can get on with actually promoting the app. I would search for an SEO copywriter to get the description for your app. SEO copywriters are specialized in optimizing texts for Google. And I would look into advertising on Facebook. I think you can actually promote your apps, and advertise only on phones. This way your advertisement will only be showed to people who are using Facebook on their phone. User will probably more tempted to install the app.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!