April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not failed to keep us entertained. With a trove of fantastic faux product launches and even some real product launches that were taken as April Fools jokes, people have been busy releasing their hilarious ideas. With many of these jokes being nostalgic and some even being functional it's easy to appreciate the spirit behind them. Samsung Galaxy Blade Edge In a reference to the Galaxy...
BeWeather Beta Brings Your Forecast In Style
What happens when a popular BlackBerry developer takes note of the wonderful world of Android? Wonderful development, of course! XDA forum member pfluger proves this to us with his first Android application–BeWeather.
With BeWeather, you can get detailed and aesthetically appealing forecasts in the form of up to 11 widgets. Playing upon one of the key strengths of the Android OS, this release is fully customizable from fonts and text color to widgets and icon sets. In the words of the developer:
– Current conditions including “Feels like” temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
– Visually stunning display of weather information using high definition videos
– 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
– 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
– Track your location via GPS/cell
– Instant weather advisory notifications (US only) via push technology (Android 2.2 and higher)
– Built-in animated radar and satellite maps (US only)
– Replace/extend the default radar maps with your preferred weather service’s radar maps!
– 6 Homescreen widgets with a total of 11 different widgets. Fully customizable
– Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
– Add custom web cams and other media links (weather radio, video, HTML etc) to any location.
– Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
– Completely customize BeWeather using iconsets, fonts and colors
Continue on to the application thread to get started!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are meant to fool people. This news is no joke though, as Google has pushed the shiny red button to send out over-the-air updates to supported devices. Well, sort of, as only a few of available Nexus devices got updates to Android 5.1. Here's a list of OTAs that can be downloaded and flashed by stock recoveries. You can find guides on how to revert...
Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays - the annual unveiling of HalfLife 3, and day on which co-workers believe it is appropriate to duct tape air horns behind doors. I speak, of course, about April Fools Day. As has become their custom, Google launched lighthearted "pranks" for each of their various services (with other tech sites and vendors following suit), and we have done our best to round up the humorous products and tweaks surfacing thus far....