The HTC One M9 and the Samsung Galaxy S6 were unveiled at Mobile World Congress! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this weekend. Included in this weekend's news is the announcement of the Huawei Watch Android Wear device and be sure to check out the article talking about IKEA selling Qi enabled furniture. That's not all that's covered in today's video! Be sure to check out the other videos...
BigAndroidBBQ XDA Session Roundup: The Future of Android Development
On Saturday, October 20, I moderated “The Future of Android Development” with a panel of XDA Recognized Developers consisting of:
- Elite Recognized Developer Supercurio
- Elite Recognized Developer Entropy512
- Recognized Developer Agrabren
- Recognized Developer and Retired Moderator Decad3nce
- Elite Recognized Developer and Senior Moderator Chainfire
The session was attended by over 100 people, with standing room only. At one point there were over 130 people listening to some of our developers discuss their projects, what excites them about Android development, and what they see as the future of development on Android. Here are some highlights:
- Supercurio discussed Project Voodoo and what the evolution of the project looked like and what the future holds.
- Entropy512 shared with us his experience working with the Android kernel and Samsung Exynos processors, specifically about cpu_idle and how to utilize it properly without negatively affecting battery consumption.
- Agrabren told us about Disarmed Toaster, and his vision for that project which seeks to unite three flavors of Android into one ROM where you choose what you want on flash utilizing AROMA.
- Decad3nce took us into the world of being a Device Maintainer for CyanogenMod, namely the Samsung Epic 4G, and how the process works to submit and work with code.
- Chainfire schooled us on proper usages of SuperUser access within applications, as well as telling us about his FAAPT apk build-script optimizations, and finished with sharing his new project “CF-Auto-Root.”
Thanks goes out to the developers involved who helped make this presentation a success. If you weren’t there, you really missed a great session. Below you can find some pictures from the presentation. Those who would like relive the experience or feel like they were there can view the slide deck on SlideShare.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While the likes of Samsung and HTC were busy announcing their next big things in the mobile market at their Mobile World Congress events, Sony was turning up the heat in the tablet market with the launch of its latest offering, the Xperia Z4 Tablet. Coming with a 10.1" IPS display offering 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution, the Xperia Z4 tablet is the successor to the successful Z2 tablet released in 2014. As a true successor, the Z4 Tablet offers everything...
After months of anticipation, both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 have finally been unveiled. Now that we have all seen both of the devices in all their glory, many of us have some decisions to make. Which of the two beasts do you prefer: the Galaxy S6 or the One M9? Let us know which device you plan on buying and why!