Brand New Version Of Thumb Keyboard Released
Following the success of XDA forum member appelflap‘s Thumb Keyboard in November of last year, here comes a completely new version, rebuilt from scratch and launched as a public beta.
The app has been built from a whole new core and optimised for Gingerbread and Honeycomb, as well as introducing a whole lot of new features including:
- Correct previous written words with suggestions
- Shortcuts – store and edit written phrases, mail signatures, logins and insert them with a simple tap
- New addition to the prediction algorithm
- New – resize the width of the letter keys on the split layouts
- Alternative suggestions for voice input
- Redesign of the keyboard based on multi-touch chording
- New style popup keyboards
- New design of the keyboard layout
- Lots more!
To find out more information and download the beta, head on over to the application thread.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now that we've gotten the chance to see both of them in-depth, we can get a good idea of which directions the two are headed. We recently did a discussion and asked you what you thought the Apple Watch would copy from Android Wear. Today, we ask you the opposite. Which features do you think Android Wear will copy from the Apple Watch and why?
Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a million apps on the Google Play Store and new apps being submitted to our forums every day, staying up to date on the latest apps and games can be a hassle. At XDA we don’t discriminate apps - if it’s interesting, innovative, original or useful, we mention them. The XDA Portal Team loves apps too, and here are our top picks for this week. ...
There is a number of other great sites that cover Android, so we're wondering which other sites our community likes to frequent. Tell us your favorite Android website and what about the site that makes it your favorite.