CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies are now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4! That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he reviews all the important stories from this week. Included in this week's news is the announcement of factory images for the YU Yureka and be sure to check out the article talking about Microsoft investing in Cyanogen, Inc! That's not all that's covered in today's video! Jordan talks about the other videos released this week on XDA...
Careers in Android: How to Become a Hacker – XDA Developer TV
So far in our Careers in Android series on XDA Developer TV, we’ve talked about the usefulness of Resumes, how to design an Android app, and the difference between a Good programmer and Great programmer. Now today we talk about education: what is the best way to learn to be a hacker, or to code.
In this episode XDA Developer TV, Producer Jayce interviews people from the learning world to answer this questions. Interviews include Kush Patel, Co-Founder of App Academy, and Don Bora, Co-Founder of Mobile Makers. Check out this video.
Check out other videos in the Careers in Android Series.
- Careers in Android: Are You a Good Programmer or Great Programmer? – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: How to Design an Android App – XDA Developer TV
- Careers in Android: Resumes Don’t Work on the Internet – XDA Developer TV
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- Device Review: HTC Droid DNA
- CyanogenMod Nightlies Get Pie Launcher and Running Linux on Your PC From Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Get Your Weather the Way You Want It – XDA Developer TV
- Advanced Use of Tasker: Make Your Phone Work for You – XDA Developer TV
- App Shootout: Facebook for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone – XDA Developer TV
Check out Jayce’s HowToBecomeTV YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
Reports indicate that Microsoft is investing in the rogue Android forker Cyanogen. The funding round is said to be upwards of $70 million, and could allow for a cooperation between Cyanogen and the Silicon Valley giant in the ongoing battle of mobile operating systems. This could be a strategic movement in coordination with other investors given Cyanogen's expression of rebellion against Google's tightening control over Android, as the custom ROM maker has recently spoken out against the "tyranny" of Google in regards...
Reports keep iterating over the rumors that Samsung has been trimming down TouchWiz for its upcoming devices. After years of customer complaints, particularly from power users, Samsung seems to finally have taken initiative towards cracking down the stutters that often plague some of its devices, particularly older ones or those that see a long life without clean-ups. But even handsets like the Galaxy S5 managed to be outperformed by low range devices. Android enthusiasts as a whole took disdain in Samsung's...