Ever since custom recoveries and roms became popular, nandroid backups have been the fall back method for all android enthusiasts, irrespective of their confidence levels. They allow easy backup and restore in case things go wrong, which happens invariably when a modification is being tested. With that being said, how relevant are Nandroid Backups to this day? Back in 2011, when the world of Android was being awed by the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S2, a little modification made its appearance...
Connect to WiFi Instantly with InstaWiFi – XDA Developer TV
Here’s a scenario for you: Your friends, family, or annoying neighbors are over at your house watching the latest cricket match. They see a commercial, or they realize they are American and don’t know the rules of cricket, so they want to connect to your WiFi with their phone or tablet to look up some information. However, you don’t want to help them type in your WiFi password of “XDAistheBESTsiteintheW0rLd!!1eleventy.”
In today’s video, XDA Developer TV Producer Kevin shows off InstaWifi from XDA Forum Member meltedxice. Kevin shows you how to set up InstaWifi to use NFC or QR codes to share your WiFi information with your friends. All they have to do is scan and then they are connected. Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos and Kevin’s other videos.
- Basics of Tasker: Automate Your Phone Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Intermediate Use of Tasker: Location Based Triggers – XDA Developer TV
- Advanced Use of Tasker: Make Your Phone Work for You – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Llama Location Profiles to Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV
- Remote Support Tutorial: Fix Computer Problems without Leaving Your Chair – XDA Developer TV
- Dashclock Tutorial: Add Everything to Your Android Lock Screen – XDA Developer TV
- One Man’s Journey to Carrier Contract Freedom – XDA Developer TV
- Spring Clean Your Android Device for a Lemony Fresh Scent – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: Intermediate Llama Location Trigger Phone Activities – XDA Developer TV
- Tasker Alternative: AutomateIt, Automates Your Device Tasks – XDA Developer TV
- Play Your Videos on Your Television with DLNA – XDA Developer TV
- Use Your Keyboard and Mouse on Android with USB On-The-Go – XDA Developer TV
- Voice Control Your Phone with Tasker and AutoVoice – XDA Developer TV
- Floating Notifications and Multitasking with Open Sourced HALO – XDA Developer TV
- Automatically Backup Your Android with OBackup – XDA Developer TV
- All-In-One Android Toolkit with Advanced Mobile Care – XDA Developer TV
- Use NFC Tags to Trigger Events with NFC Launcher – XDA Developer TV
- Quick Settings for All – XDA Developer TV
- Protect Your Privacy with XPrivacy – XDA Developer TV
Check out Kevin’s YouTube Channel
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a tip!
While HTC's latest flagship brings many new features, the aesthetic design of the device remains largely untouched in comparison to its predecessor. Many Android enthusiasts throughout the community were expecting a large redesign of one of the most beautiful handsets ever released, but what we got is something more along the lines of an 'HTC One M8S". So this begs the question, is the M9 worth the upgrade if you already own the M8? Current HTC One M8 users chime in and let us know your thoughts.
At the annual Game Developers Conference being held in San Francisco, NVIDIA announced the latest addition to its collection of devices, the NVIDIA SHIELD. Powered by the Tegra X1 ARM SoC, the SHIELD is a set-top box running Android TV at its heart. But since it is a NVIDIA device, it does things beyond the simple streaming and gaming that is expected in this age. The SHIELD can locally run and stream 4K content to a capable TV. It is compatible with existing...